Our HP History

1967 – 2012
  • In June of 1967, Dr. D. N. Parkerson, Sr. graduated from Palmer Chiropractic College in Davenport, Iowa and returned to his hometown of Eastman, Georgia to begin his chiropractic practice.
  • In September of 1967, Dr. Parkerson purchased the Barnes Chiropractic Clinic from Dr. Dale Barnes and in October of 1967, the clinic was renamed Parkerson Chiropractic Life Center.
  • In 1973, Dr. Parkerson was sworn in as the Chairman of the Georgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners by then Gov. Jimmy Carter.
  • In 1974, Dr. Parkerson was a member of the original Board of Trustees that opened the newly formed Life Chiropractic College in Marietta, Georgia.
  • In October of 1975, Dr. Parkerson was elected President of the Georgia Chiropractic Association.
  • In the 1980’s, Dr. Parkerson founded The All-American Chiropractic Team, which lectured throughout the United States on chiropractic principles and practice management.
  • On May 19, 1999, Dr. Parkerson retired from chiropractic practice and moved to Lake Oconee, Georgia.
  • In 2001, Dr. Parkerson published his first book, 5 Easy Steps to Thirty Years of Volume Practice, a chiropractic textbook on patient care and practice management.
  • On October 24, 2012, Dr. Parkerson passed away in his home at Lake Oconee.

history-humber

1949 – 2002
  • Dr. J.K. Humber, Sr. graduated from Palmer Chiropractic College in 1949. Upon graduation, he moved back to his home of Atlanta to begin his chiropractic practice.
  • Dr. Humber opened his practice in 1951 at 1563 Bankhead Avenue in the Grove Park area of Atlanta.
  • Dr. Humber was instrumental in the early development of the Grostic/Orthospinology procedures and visited with Dr. John F. Grostic, the founder of the Grostic technique.
  • In 1963, Dr. Humber joined his brother, Dr. T.O. Humber at the West End Clinic, where they practiced together for 10 years.
  • In 1972, Dr. J.K. moved to Smyrna and opened the Humber Clinic on Cobb Parkway.
  • In December of 1981, his son, Dr. James K. Humber, Jr. graduated from Life Chiropractic College and joined the Humber Clinic.
  • April of 1991, Dr. J. K. Humber Sr. retired from chiropractic practice.
  • In October of 1994, The Humber Clinic moved locations from 2620 Cobb Parkway to the current location at 2424 Herodian Way in Smyrna.
  • On December 23, 1994, Dr. J.K. Humber, Sr. died. He had practiced upper cervical chiropractic for over 40 years and was an outspoken supporter of our Orthospinology procedure.
  • In April of 1996, Dr. Wayne Neal joined The Humber Clinic.
  • In May of 1997, Dr. Don Parkerson, Jr. joined The Humber Clinic.
  • On May 1, 2002, Dr. Parkerson purchased the Humber Clinic, naming the newly combined clinic the Humber Parkerson Clinic.