- Migraines are pulsating and are usually confined to one side of the head/face.
- Some migraines are preceded by an aura, visual disturbances that appear as spots, flickering lights, or lines. Auras typically last less between 5 and 60 minutes and subside for about an hour before the headache pain sets in.
- Some migraine sufferers experience sinus problems along with an episode, including a stuffy or runny nose and tearing of the eyes.
- The pain of migraines can present right behind the eye, which may lead some people to visit their eye doctor.
- Migraines can be accompanied by neck pain, either as a warning sign that an attack is on the way or after the episode subsides.
No matter what type of a headache you’re experiencing, if it’s more than the rare event, chances are it’s negatively impacted your life in one realm or another. People with chronic headaches take more time off of work, aren’t able to enjoy quality time with their families, and don’t socialize as often. While medications may help bring you through an attack, they provide temporary relief at best. Many people are looking for an alternative to the usual treatment routes and have found their way to HP Spine Center.
The upper cervical approach we take is unique because we are able to locate and correct the root cause of many people’s headache conditions. When the topmost vertebra in the neck, the atlas, misaligns, it prevents normal blood and spinal fluid flow. It also obstructs normal nervous system function. Orthospinology is an extremely gentle and precise way of correcting atlas misalignments and restoring function to the systems of the body. In this manner, people are able to achieve lasting relief from chronic headache conditions.
To schedule a complimentary consultation in our Smyrna office call 770-952-5353 or just click the button below: